Welcome to Rensselaer!
I want to extend a warm welcome to you and your families as you embark on your experience here. This can be an exciting time as well as very overwhelming. I’m here to tell you that there is a lot of support and help to guide you through your next four or five years here with us. Your journey begins here, and I want to offer a few pieces of advice as you get started:
- Get to know your neighbors in your residence hall
- Talk to staff, faculty and upper-class students
- Ask for help when you have a question or concern
- Be aware of the campus resources available to you
- Find balance in your schedule
- Get involved in the campus community
I hope your time here will be both academically and personally rewarding. I wish you success in your studies and I look forward to meeting you. Come and visit my office if you don’t know where to go first with any questions or concerns you might have.
Dean, First-Year Experience
The Office of the First-Year Experience is the first stop for you, our newest members of the Rensselaer community. Whether you’re a first time college student, a parent, or an experienced transfer student we hope you will find answers to all your questions here. If you don’t you can always call (518) 276-6864 or email us. We look forward to helping you navigate your first year, and beyond!