Emerging Leaders is a series of five meetings designed to facilitate leadership development in first-year students. This program is facilitated by the Office of the First-Year Experience and The Archer Center for Student Leadership Development to provide first-year students with an opportunity to develop a foundation of leadership skills and knowledge.
Over the course of our time together we will:
- Identify and understand key elements of effective leadership
- Develop and enhance skills such as decision making and communication
- Engage in individual and team based experiential activities
- Clarify personal values and link them to goals and vision
- Practice public speaking skills
- Build leadership practice through active reflection
- Articulate key learning and action steps.
- HAVE FUN!
We will meet on Tuesdays from 4 -6 p.m. on the dates specified. Location is to be determined.
- Tuesday, January 29
- Tuesday, February 5
- Tuesday, February 12
- Tuesday, February 26
- Tuesday, March 5
Because our time together is short, we ask that you only apply if you can commit to the entire five session program. If you are a member of the Leadership House we ask that you not apply as you are experiencing your own leadership training within your residence hall.
Applications are due Friday, January 18. You can download the application here or submit it below.